Sunday, November 4, 2007

$3.00 + Emissions < Negative Calories + Fun



I'm commuting to work by bicycle now. I've been thinking about doing this for a while. I finally pulled the trigger. A kid in the front row was making fun of kids who ride bikes to school. I told him I was thinking of doing the same. Good for the heart, good for the mind, good for the world. He said I shouldn't do that. It would make me a dork. That's the day I decided to get an efficient bike and leave the car at home. I'm excited to show the him the safety light on the back. After he sees the water-shielding fenders, I'm cofident he'll trade in his monster truck for a bike of his own.

5 comments:

Zack!!! said...

You have inspired me ride mine to work more often. I only live like a few miles from my work, but i suppose I'm just too dang lazy. Bicycles it is! Even if I do work at 5 or 6 am sometimes, ugh!

RobinDayle said...

So fun.
How goes it teacher friend?

Thomas Ham said...

I am thinking of buying a fixed gear bike. =-=D My bro just bought one and it looks like TONS of fun!

Freewheel said...

It's great that you've focused the "fun" part as well as the many other benefits of bicycle commuting. Enjoy!

Pete said...

Nerd.

You'd love Sacramento though.